Time to unclutter the driveway

Yeah, you guessed it. I've owned well over a dozen cars and the only one I've had longer then the LCB was my first car, an old Pontiac. I kept it about 5 years before finally trading it in on something that got over 10 mpg. Anyway, I've had the LCB uh... around 3 years now, maybe a little more than that. It's time for me to move on to another project. Right now everything on the LCB works except the heater since the heater boxes are not installed (but I still have them.) I honestly can't think of anything on the car that does not work right now. The front end could use a rebuilding, but other than that it feels solid. It starts right up at the first twist of the key every time and I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long trip in the exact condition it's in right now. I'll include the hand-winch with it and som assorted extra parts like a weld-in front-end lift kit that has never been installed and about 4 spare wheels with tires on them, the heater boxes, etc. I know I'll never get anywhere near the amount of $ I put into the car when I sell it, but I'd be an idiot if I thought I would. The baja kit alone was over $500. Let's see, 1200 SP, everything stock on the engine and transmission except for a sand-seal pulley and paper-element air cleaner and the exhaust system. Please let me know if you're interested in the car or have any questions about it. Asking price is $1000 *firm*. If I don't sell the car by the end of December this year at that price then I'll look into other alternatives of making way for my next project. Thanks and don't bother flaming because yeah, it'll probably piss me off if you do and I'll just flame you right back and nobody will come out ahead as a result of it all. :-) Oh, by the way, I kinda don't really expect any of y'all to want to buy the LCB from me, but if by any chance a couple of you decide you want to buy it for $1000, I'll sell it to the first person to put the cash in my hand. One last thing... Even after I've turned the LCB over to the proud new owner, I'm sorry to have to let y'all down but I really don't think I'll be able to tear myself away from this newsgroup so I'll still be here pestering the hell out of all of you. ;-P

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

.................I'm dumbfounded and speechless and dumbstruck and and...............?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

if the shipping to chile wasn't so bad, I would buy it from in a blink..

:)

(I could not ever register it here...)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 11:23:33 -0400, "Tim Rogers" shared the following:

You sure are using the word "dumb" a lot when describing yourself. ;-) Sorry, just felt the unstoppable need to point that out. :-)

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

Eduardo..................It's time to move outta that part of the world anyways, isn't it?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

travis wrote: > One last thing... Even

You will regret it. Badly.

And about the VW hobby and ramva....: Voit rimpuilla, mutta irti et pääse koskaan

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

just before the dotcom crash I had two job offers to move to Florida, and 2 months before 9/11 I got a call from a local airline to join as a part time pilot...

guess my timing is just bad :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Anyway, travis, dont sell it. put a larger engine in it and keep on giving jeeps a hardtime...

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 19:50:01 +0200, "BergRace" shared the following:

average=mean. :-)

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

Now you want to sell??? Just when I don't have the money... :-( How about some kind of horse trading? Let me know if you are interested...

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 18:45:06 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" shared the following:

Got a Jeep CJ-5? *cough*

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:56:04 +0000 (UTC), Eduardo Kaftanski ran around screaming and yelling:

i'm thinking shaggie is saying he would trade for a cj-5, not that he "got" one.... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:56:04 +0000 (UTC), Eduardo Kaftanski shared the following:

Of what?

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

Was too fast.. read your post as if you already had a Jeep and havent posted pictures of yet... :_)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

"BergRace" wrote in news:qQYfb.8947$P51.17265@amstwist00:

Så där ja...what Jan said in Finnish was, You can struggle, but you'll never break loose.

In plain English, my kids would kill me if I ever sold the bug. Your kids love hitting the trail with you in the LCB, Shaggie, and I'll bet they dream of the day when they can take it out by themselves. Keep it......for the children.

Reply to
cloud8

....................Those kids at the Shaggie household aren't going to be bragging to their friends that 'dad has a jeep'.

..........My kid is always disappointed when I drive the 4x4 nissan truck or his mom's accord to pick him up at his school. Getting into a real bug(!) is a big deal at most schools as it should be........

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Did you want that already lifted about 6"? With new 38" super swampers? On board welder & air compressor? Air lockers both front and back tucked inside the Dana 44's?

12K# Warn winch front and back? Stainless steel diamond plate corners? Full rock crawling tubular frame? Not just roll bars.. ;-) Fuel injected not carburated? For those steep hills you know..

Nah...

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 15:36:45 -0400, "Tim Rogers" shared the following:

I drink way more beer than I ever want my kids to drink. I used to smoke over 2 packs of cigarettes a day and I don't ever want my kids to smoke. I've driven the LCB in places that I shouldn't have taken it where I could have gotten SERIOUSLY hurt (not when my kids were with me) and don't want my kids to ever be in that kind of position. I really enjoy the whole offroading scene, so I've decided to continue enjoying it, but on a new level. That new level will include a lot more safety for me and passengers in the form of roll bars and real seatbelts, and it will also include a vehicle with 4WD.

Just wait until I'm "done" with the Jeep that I wind up with. It will be worth mentioning to their friends. :-)

A Jeep will *never* replace the LCB, but it will be safer and more compentent for the offroading I do, especially once I "Shag-i-fy (tm)" it. Not only that, but I'm just ready for a new project. The bug just isn't that much fun for me to work on anymore. I want to "start over" and build something else. I need a change. I may wind up with another baja again in a few years, but I just need a change of pace. And I haven't forgotten my promise that if I ever baja another VW again, it will be a basket case when I start with it. Better yet, I'll try to find a VW that's already been baja'd before I go cutting into another one. I'm thinking that March of next year may be "the month" for me to buy a Jeep, if I keep saving my pennies. The plan is to also sell my truck before that and just get a small cage-type trailer to pull behind the Jeep for when I need to haul anything to replace the functionality of the truck. One less vehicle to have to pay taxes on, insure, etc. Kathleen is 14 and will be driving before I know it, so I'm trying to think ahead for that, too. I'm not just jumping into this. I've been thinking about it a lot and am convinced that this is the way to go for now. Let's see what happens between now and March... :-)

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

I thought he's trading it for a horse?