Tire aspect ratio

Hi RAMVA! Do any of you know the aspect ratio of a stock 165 SR 15 tire?

TIA, Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

I dunno,.............maybe 100%

I kinda figure there's a standard there somehow, and maybe the tread is the same as the sidewall on one with no AR...............Is this possible?

I look at them and figure they're pretty close to that ratio.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Reply to
Ben Boyle

The default aspect ratio is around 82.if it isn't explicitly stated.

However, each tire size is actually a range of physical sizes, so you will see some variation between brands.

Reply to
<Gmlyle

Supposedly the pre 1970's tires had an aspect ratio of 82. Then they came out with the 78 and 70 aspect ratios and radials.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles Fregeau