Tire Pressure

Ok checked today.

I was way off on the max pressures !!!

My bug/beetle tyres have a max PSI of 44 and my bus 65.

Still more than 35 though :-)

Rich

tricky wrote:

Reply to
tricky

*before* you try to "call someone out" you should study up....i was certified years ago for suspensions....alignment/brakes/tires/etc...i have been to school and trained....the max pressure is measured at ambient temperature, I.E. *COLD*....

no buttlips it is a "standard"....just as you do not check your engine oil with the engine runing you check air pressure "cold"...

load does not increase pressure....not air pressure...surface pressure yes, but not the internal air pressure

i'm talking from education and training...you are spouting off bullshit....

there are two ways to increase pressure...to add it(through more air or heat ) or to make the space smaller....you will not resize your tires by adding weight...you only displace air in the tire from one area to another when it is loaded down....so to quote you "you definitely don't know what you are talking about"....get educated before you spout off...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

learn to comprehend what you read...i never said anything remotely similar to what you said above...

your point was wrong...exactly what i responded to was wrong....couldn't get anymore wrong...re-read it and don't take it personal...ignorance is lack of knowledge and apparently when it comes to tires you do lack that knowledge...putting weight in the vehicle will not increase pressure....and every "point" i wrote is true and verifiable....and as i said read the side of tires sometime you may be enlightened....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

pressure....and

Wrong!

Reply to
Dan Smith

bullshit....

What are you smoking???

According to what you're saying I can't pop a balloon by stepping on it.

Dream on!

Reply to
Dan Smith

Well... it's tough to argue with an intelligent argument like that.

*watches tumbleweed blow by*

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

I prefer the following:

"Stupid people are dangerous."

Reply to
Dan Smith

You are funny.

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

no sir...your reading comprehension and single digit IQ have comdemned you to ignorance....the balloon thing is actually a very good example of what i am saying....if you step on the balloon it will pop...we all know this...but its not due to pressure increasing....so as you say "dream on"....(hint just for you dipshit, you displace the air(as i stated in the actual *RELEVANT* reply) and it distorts/thins the balloon which is why the failure happens...has a big fat ZERO thing to do with your dreamworld statements....the air pressure in the balloon remains constant....and it overpowers the surface strength....if you would like your ASE certifications in suspension/brakes/etc, you will have to do the time and classes as *I* did...now take your lumps and move on you ignorant little troll....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

$sy6.563@lakeread04...

as a follow up, please Dan-d-man tell me why a helium balloon will burst when you release it into the "sky"?....the pressure inside the balloon decreases the higher it goes..but it still ruptures....or can you not wrap your brain cell around this either?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Nobody even noticed that I spelled Kumho wrong! hee hee

I am glad I take Zoloft. We all should after this thread! haha!

Lynn

1974 Super

Reply to
Lynn Martin

I run 19 front/27 rear, just like the glovebox sticker says.

165/80 tires on a '72 Super.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Kuhmo is the largest (by surface area) city in Finland :)

Jan

Lynn Mart>

Reply to
Jan Andersson

A bird flew into it?

Reply to
Adam

All this time, I thought Kuhmo was a sushi. I have four of those Kuhmo's and a beer please.

-tom

Reply to
Tom Nakashima

Adam i hope you are just kidding...the above example can be found in most grade school science books....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I run 21 front/30 on rear. Best setup I found... Joao

Joao Eliseu

No Dan, I am not suicidal. ;) The sidewall on my tires says maximum inflation 44psi.

I'm not ignoring anything. I have seen tires rated for a maximum of

35psi in the past, but I do not presently have any on any of my vehicles. Of the 20 tires I presently own, all say 44psi maximum.

I will try running a lower pressure in the front and run a mileage check and see what the result is. After my recent carb overhaul I am measuring out at 24.5 miles per gallon. That seems a little low, but one possible explanation is that the supers weigh more than the standard if I am not mistaken. I would imagine my mileage will drop slightly if I run a lower pressure in the front.

Chris

Reply to
Hal
[... attributes lost ...]

True. The pressure inside the balloon lowers as the atmospheric pressures lowers, and the ballooon ruptures because it expands beyond its elasticity (elasticity is lost mostly due to stretching but also in part by the low temperature of the environment), but what's the point of the observation? How does it relate to Dan's position?

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

:) That's the rating of the tire, not the tire/car combination. Those tires fit many different vehicles. A heavier vehicle require up to 44psi, but yours doesn't.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum