Tire Pressure

not true PJ....as i said i've had the training....and trust me tire technology is not a "close enough" field....i do indeed have a racing guage at the raceshop that reads on a 1/4psi scale...however its not necessary as the guage i used shows the same result over and over...the numbers are unimportant, the repitition is what counts... Dan stated the pressures would go up, they did not...if they do not register on a guage that reads infinitely even between the marked psi marks, then its not happening...

Key words "tire design"...this i am educated in...

sure i can agree with that and it is apples to oranges...a tire is *RUBBER* and it is supposed to stretch and flex...a cylinder is not...the piston makes the volume in the cylinder decrease, so the pressure *has* to go up....not so in a tire....a *properly* inflated tire(at the minimum side) will show no difference in the pressures when the weight it is designated to carry(at that psi) is placed on it.....

and i did state this....*initially* the pressure will go up when stepped on, while the skin stretches...the overall gain is nothing....as i stated not once, but several times....*I* am not the one in over my head here, i am fully aware of tire construction(anyone here ever seen a manufacturing plant and seen the stages a tire goes through? quite interesting...i not only had that in training, but later while installing machinery in our local yokohama plant(mitsubishi tire presses/autobookers/beadwinders).....) and have been properly trained...my "theories" are based on this training as well as experience, not "well if you think about it, it has to do....xxx...x...x...x..x"..... BS is BS and i called it....PJ try the "test' in your own driveway.... i did again today on my workvan...had the rear on jackstands and completely unloaded....(around 1000LBS of tools/equipment).....40psi in the tires...care to know what it reads *now* that it is fully loaded again and back on the ground?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Tires haven't been made of rubber for a long, long time.

Reply to
JJS

the base material is still rubber...100% virgin rubber....straight from the tree....the largest single component is actually powdered Carbon...but to say "tires haven't been made of rubber for a long time" is another uneducated reply..but thanks JJs....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Hey, I'm just trying to redirect this tired thread, you know, something like a rodeo clown. Here bull! :)

Reply to
JJS

no need John...its obvious to me that the National institute for Automotive Service Excellence should have never given me my certification years ago and the Yokohama engineers knew about jackshit about the classes on tire construction/fuction/etc....when they made us study what commonly causes failures and how to avoid them, also how to diagnose exactly what caused them, they were full of shit too....then again, what the f*ck do the people that design these things know about em anyway? so the thread is dead anyway, since its evident by all the "experts" here that i was "misinformed" during the training.......

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Come on, Chris. I never infered any such thing. Please read what I wrote with optimism rather than pessimism.

Reply to
JJS

Is anyone else having trouble with RAMVA where they see posts that are obviously mixed up like the one above? Next I suppose I'll see a post that says it's from Speedy Jim asking how to replace a fuse or one from Chris showing off his new moped, or one from Tim Rogers talking about how The South will rise again.

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

The South *will* rise again. our Area finally voted to allow beer/wine sales.............................A bit behind the times. I always thought Hell would freeze over soon too.............Should be any day now..............LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

They are this --->

Reply to
Shag

sorry if it seemed i was directing that post *to* you John as i wasn't...it was just "at" you....the thread was screwed the minute the armchair engineers stood up.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

No fair. A southerner loaded on Texas Pride beer is such a horrible sight for a Yankee he gets kind. It's kinda like shooting drunk blonds trapped for twelve hours on an escalator cause of an electrical failure.

Reply to
JJS

No problem, Chris. The nitpickers made it just tooo abstract fer me.

Reply to
JJS

On Mon, 9 May 2005 22:01:30 -0500, "JJS" scribbled this interesting note:

That's one of the funniest things I've read all week! (And I've been debating our local Baptists about that beer and wine thing Scott mentioned!:~)

John Willis

littledj0221