tire sources for 2 3/4 inch bias ply

I'm in the process of looking for replacement tires for my stock oval. Want to go with bias rather than radial and wide whites (2 3/4 inch) I know Coker is the typical outlet for vintage tires, but their prices seem really high and selection really small. Is there an alternative in the US? I did a quick google, but came up with places that sell Coker products. Any suggestions? Thanks. - DB

Reply to
DB

B.C. Bugger

Sorry, I see now you wanted bias ply tires, these folks sell only radials it appears.

Reply to
B.C. Bugger

Depending on what you're looking for, Coker may be your only hope unless you're able to find someone that has some old stock. Coker bought the old Firestone molds so you'll have no luck from a Firestone dealer. Denman sells a similar bias ply but there prices are about the same as the firestone. If you do end up finding some other source (which I doubt), let us know.

-Chip

Reply to
Chip Keller

I almost forgot, there is a guy that sells a bunch of whitewalls at a slightly lower price and shipping is cheaper too. His info is at

bought a set of 5.60 x 15 WW Firestones from him, they were about$85 a piece plus $9 each in shipping, so you end up saving around $75over Coker. Try sending him an email and see what he can come upwith.

-Chip

Reply to
Chip Keller