torque wrenches

I was looking for a recommendation on where to pick up a suitably sized torque wrench for torquing the axel nuts and flywheel. The last one I used was (I think) a 250 ft/lb "autozone" wrench on their tool loan program. I think it was about $90 to purchase.

I think the problem I had was that this wrench wasn't quite large enough to torque the flywheel on a performance engine. Can someone recommend a good source for an inexpensive but adequate torque wrench? Something that went up to ~ 300 ft/lb

Also, I see some ads in the VW magazines for torque multiplier tools (torque buddy or something like that). I'm assuming it's some kind of gear-drive gizmo that attaches to the flywheel. Does anyone have experience with this type of tool?

Thanks, Scott

----------------------------------------------------------- Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader: ....

scott

Hi Scott, I bought the torque tool recently. I can put the rear on jack stands and take both axel nuts off by myself with no hassle. The only you have to get is longer lug bolts. I haven't tried it on the flywheel yet.

Reply to
Eddie

Ive only heared good things about the torque multipliers !

seems like a great idea to me . you know when you are stuck - cant get the nut off - trying to figuer out how you can do it on your own ....

well someone did :)

Reply to
Tricky

Reply to