Trans Axel FIX

Hi there People: I'm having a problem with my trans axel (left side). Had to replace the bearing plate that bolts to housing. This new one is a bit thicker flange area (other one/the original stud holes broken). The thing is when I reinstall everything the shaft bines up and won't move. I've checked all my gaskets and they seem to be the right thickness. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help here would be appreciated.

Lite.

Reply to
Lightnen

This would be on a '65 Bus w/swingaxle??

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

If it's a '65, I have a bunch of '65 bus transaxle parts here. If the problem is that you have the right part, my parts are good used OG parts.

-

Jim Adney

Not sure what its off but suppose to be a 66 swing (motor is a 66 for sure). Think I found the problem with it. I turned the trans on its side and installed the bevel gear now it seems to be ok. BUT when I tap the bearing in place it pulls the shaft up and the little shims fall out of place and then I'm back to where I was again. Did this 3 times yesturday and still haveing problems getting bearing down into place with out disturbing the bevel gear.. Back at it again today this won't beat me.. Thanks guys..

Reply to
Lightnen