Tripping to Minne"snow"ta

Now that we have made the trip (see previous entry on "global warming" thread) I have to tell about it, as it involves meeting a RAMVA regular as well as making a great deal ( I hope for all of us ). John Stafford and his mate Molly, were generous enough to offer a nice, used vehicle with the right qualities to replace my recently crashed Van.......an older model GMC Suburban, that they were no longer using or in need of. He offered to damn near give me the thing, but I just can't do that kinda thing when I can afford to pay closer to what it's worth.........but likely not market for it anyway..... I didn't blue book it, but figure it is worth more by far........ The only catch was I'd have to go and get it. He didn't really say that, but I felt it only right that if I'm getting a nice deal, I should at least make an effort to do my part. John also offered to let us stay at his home while there. More than generous in my mind anytime. Especially since He and Molly didn't know us other than through RAMVA. I know I've been reading and posting here for about 5 years or so, but still , we had never officially met in person. I was going to take John Willis and go, but his world of rent houses demands his time pretty heavily right now, so my wife Sheryl went with me. She drove part of the trip ( 'bout 5 hours of 30 or so ) and I drove the rest of the trip. Worked out fine, but was still a tall order of drive time. I have to tell you guys that haven't met Mr. Stafford...... He's a really great person. Very interesting,........I can tell that he has had a very full life so far..... I enjoyed spending the time just sitting and talking and sharing stories with John. And Sheryl and Molly got along like best friends. We'll be trying to go back and visit some time when we have less pressing things happening, and maybe when the weather is warmer ( summertime I'd think ). I'm not a cold weather person, but could probably stand it if it were no colder than while we were there. The most surprising thing about this trip was how awesome the little town of Winona was. Just like a damn postcard. Just gorgeous. Totally unexpected. Now I said the most surprising, simply because I was totally surprised by the appearance. I hadn't a clue that John lived in such a really cool place. Even if you don't go visit with Mr. Stafford, take a trip to Winona and see it. It'll be worth your time. ( I recommend visiting John more than the town, but know not everyone will feel the urge to make contact ,.......I can't imagine why anyone would feel that way, but some may ) Oh yeah, to make this an "on topic" post.......I saw the BradlyGTII, the Micah Gorel Bug, and another one I don't remember John saying he had......all nice. Worst thing about this trip was the very limited time to spend with the vehicles. But still a very worthy trip. It's cool to meet the people that you have known online for so long. I shall have to try this more often. P.S. Just in case it matters I bought a 91 GMC Suburban 4X4 from John. GOD IT"S HUGE!!!.........LOL Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB