turn signal switch

Hi! Now the ignition is ok, they have replaced the starter engine and the ignition switch.

I think that something went wrong during the reassembly of the steering wheel, though, because now the turn signal switch does not "come back" any more. Is it difficult to fix it? Any tricks? Any scheme on the net? I would try to do by myself, for this sunday is really quiet grey, even here in Italy...

Greetings Alvin75

Reply to
Alvin75

Sorry, i have a 1970 Beetle with the original steering wheel...

"Alvin75" ha scritto nel messaggio news:IaSIh.19088$ snipped-for-privacy@twister2.libero.it...

Reply to
Alvin75

The bottom edge of the steering wheel has a part which "sticks out" to trip the cancel mechanism in the turn signal switch.

There should be a space between the steering wheel hub and the steering column of 2 to 3 mm. If more than that amount, the cancel mechanism won't operate. Adjust by loosening the 2 screws holding the column to the underside of the dash.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim