Turn signal switch wiring

Hey there everyone. Ok...here goes. Used the bently manual to figure out the wiring for my new turn signal switch. 1967 type 1. Seems the manual and the colors dont exactly match up. What wire goes where? Anyone got a schematic or wisdom on the colors? I did a search and no one lists what goes where...Thanks for the help.

Reply to
bug

On '67, the Horn wiring doesn't go thru the turn signal assy, so you are left with 3 wires for turn signal plus 2 wires for the dimmer switch.

Looks like this:

(disregard the horn wire)

E-mail if you still have a problem...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

There was also a very good color wiring diagram and article in a back issue of VW Trends just a year ago or so. Don't know if you can get back issues as I have heard they went outa business. I have the copy and pulled out the pages for my file. If you can't find it , I can make a color copy for you.

HTH, Mike

Reply to
Mike West