Type 2 year by year - link wanted

Hello all

My Dad has just bought an early type2. 58 he thinks from the paperwork. I remeber a web site which described year by year all the changes made to the production models. going from barndoors through adding fuel gages, taking out the reserve switch, changes to door hinges etc etc.

Cant find it !

Anyone got a link for it ?

Cheers Rich

Reply to
Tricky

This should keep you off the streets tonight:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Karl

Thanks guys.

Not the links I was looking for (so far) but prob enough info for what I need.

I remember a guide with a whole page per year, with a picture at the top and info underneath. NEXT and PREV buttons at the bottom.

I thought it was vintage bus .com but cant see it.

Thanks again

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Rich. Not much help, but I have a book by Lawrence Meredith, which details the Beetle year by year. I guess there must be one for the bus also. Anyone who has it, there's an interesting passage re the V over W emblem & the Beastie Boys issue.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

You know I never thought of that ! I have hundreds ov VW books, I will have a look over the weekend.

Cheers

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Here's that quote, for any interested parties, from the 1962 page...

" ..In recent times, the Beetle has both enjoyed and suffered from a massive revival in popularity, as we all know, and VW bonnet(hood) badges in particular have been become targets for thieves of questionable parentage and stunted evolutionary development.."

and great way of saying "Chav Bastard"

...it goes on....

"..During the later 1980's, thousands of badges were stolen from Beetles and other Volkswagen models by younger people attempting to identify themselves more closely with a pop group the Beastie Boys, who were enjoying some success at the time with their version of modern music. The connection between the group and Volkswagen badges is something of an enigma and, although the craze seems to be over, the V-over-W emblem is still far from safe from late developers who have not quite grasped the ephemeral nature of what passes for fashion...."

Priceless

James

Reply to
Juper Wort