Type 4 motor with Weber 32/36 carb question

I have a 1970 Porsche 914. The original type 4 engine was 1.7L but I put in 2L jugs. I got rid of the fuel injection after a year of hassles. I put in a used Weber carb after rebuilding it.

My problem is that in the mid range rpm the engine will die. If I push past the mid range to the upper end the engine will scream. The fuel injection never had that kind of power. It starts readilly and idles fine. I'm wondering if this is a jet problem. Or altitude. I live at 8000ft altitude.

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
CHip

Hello CHip. My guess would be either jets or vents are a bit wonky for your altitude. If you are under or over-jetted then it'll cause you more problems then just a flat spot when accellerating over time so you need to get it fixed.

Check out

in the 4Rum section. Lots of people troll that and are *really* good with T4s setups.

knt

CHip wrote:

Reply to
knt