Type 4 Oil Cooler in a Type 1

Anyone know of a company that makes/sales the fan shroud tin for a Type 1 1600cc that will accommodate the larger cooler? Or a web page that gives the best way to modify my current one? Thanks,

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Somebody does, but FWIW, an additonal external oil cooler with a full-flow system is a Great Thing! You might want to look into it. Spendy as hell...

Reply to
jjs

Gene Berg sells a conversion kit:

These pages detail an installation of the kit:
?name=News&file=article&sid=68 Also, check out Bugman's page:
hth

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Thanks JJS and Scott, Scott, the web pages you directed me to are exactly what I needed to see.

JJS, I have already full flowed the 1776 and will install an external cooler if needed after the T-4 cooler installation. Thanks again and it's nice to see RAMVA working as it used too. :)