"Under Pressure!"

Hi there. My pressure originalsensor was shot, and got me a pressure gauge with sender.Now there is one more bluey and pointing thingy in my dash :) Question: What pressure should I read? I noticed, when I turn on the car and idle it, I read about 3 bar of pressure. I't goes up a little when I rev it. After the engine is warm, I got 1 bar at idle. Is this normal? I dont know if is good or bad, sould I notice a little loss of pressure when the engine is warm? Temperature is normal, and got no visible loss of power. When I rev it, the pressure goes up, but if I idle it after engine is a max top temp of 95ºC, I got 1 bar of pressure. With the original light, we only have "light" or "no light" pressure status. I love the control that gauges add to my car, but I must be able to know what is the normal range I should read on them so I can apreciate them :)

Help!

Thanks. MM '70 1300 bug.

Reply to
Macsoft

Well, I don't know much about it, but if I did I'd ask three questions: Is it measuring oil pressure? Where is the sensor mounted? How much pressure does one "bar" represent?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

bar is a pressure unit..:

J.

Reply to
Berg

I was under the impression that he meant a LED light bar on his new gauge. Not a unit of measure per se.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Yes, I got that, sorta. Just posted the link in case..

J.

Reply to
Berg

1 Bar (Bar-ometer, bar-o-metric) is 14.7 psi. Normal atmospheric pressure.

Your readings sound very good.

There can be a very big difference in pressure between cold and hot oil as the oil gets "thinner" (less viscous).

As a minimum figure, pressure at road speeds when hot should be not less than approximately 2 Bar.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

MM

Reply to