Valve Guide erosion

On two intake valve guides No.2 and 4 under the valve the guide is rounded off like eroded. one valve got stuck open. that's why I pulled the heads. The other guides are just perfect. this is a type 2 engine circa 1971, dual port. I wonder, anyone have an idea what went wrong here?

Reply to
Mr. K

do you have pictures?

Some replacement guides may not be shaped exactly like original. Also lots of people try to port their heads, and remove material from the end of the valve guide inside the intake port. Some even chop the whole thing off.... look for other signs of modifications to the ports. Compare to the other head if you have it off.

jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Thanks for the ideas.