Vanagon Farewell Commercial and my song

Just wanted to let everyone know how impressed I was with the simplicity of the South African VW commercial commemorating the making of the last Vanagon on their assembly line. I liked the song so well, I wrote more lyrics and recorded it. So if anyone is interested in my song from my website over the course of the next few days, just go to:

Enjoy! NQ silent@beatrice_NOSPAM_ne.com

Reply to
No Quarter

Excellent. Loved it. Here's the original for those who want to hear it

David Gravereaux

.........................Thanks guys. For both versions. Very nice......... I've raised a family while driving vanagons over the past eleven or twelve years (I still have two of the four that I've owned). My oldest kid is driving one of them while in college and the youngest one keeps asking me to rebuild the engine in the other one so that he can start driving it to high school next year when he turns 16. They may be water-cooled but they still have some of the character that the early air-cooled buses had.............in my opinion. The Eurovan is just one more example of how VW has turned its back on what it once was and now coming out with a VW SUV is the last straw........for me.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Actually, a baja IS an SUV: Sport Utility Volkswagen!

Reply to
Max

..............The only way to get any 'utility' out of a baja is to add one of Shaggie's rebar style roof racks.

............This Toureg vehicle for something like $40k(?) is about as far removed from what VW means to air-cooled enthusiasts as can be imagined. You'd be twice as well off with two Toyota Highlanders for the same $40k anyway. Maybe better than twice as good because they'd be more reliable.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"Tim Rogers" wrote

Someone is giving Travis some competition in building `classy' roof racks:

:o)

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 04:08:23 GMT, "Scott H." left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Ooh. Looks like if you got up to about 50 mph with that roof rack that you might just take off and fly. Doesn't look like much danger of that happening anytime soon with that bug, though. ;-)

Reply to
travis

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 03:56:18 GMT, "Tim Rogers" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

I'm seriously considering showing off some of my creative less-than-professional craftsmanship in the near future in an attempt to make the LCB into something more of a utility type of vehicle. I think as soon as it starts to cool off some that I'm going to go ahead with some work to the bug that I've been considering doing for some time now. Of course, I'll take and share more pictures of it all than anyone but myself wants to see. :-)

Reply to
travis

Although I can't find the picture just now, I have seen a "flat-bed" mod where the roof is removed aft of the front seat backs and a platform added over the rear wheels and engine.

Max

Reply to
Max