vent wing seals (one more time)

I finally got my vent wing seals delivered for my oval. I replaced the flap seal, luckily those were never removed, so I didn't have to guess how they went in. Took all of 5 minutes. I'm thinking, this is gonna be easy. Removed the vent wing glass and began to put the weatherstrip in. I at first thought that I received a weatherstrip from 65 on up by mistake as the rubber just looks too long and the pre-formed hole for the window shaft doesn't line up by a good 1.5 inches, but the part number is correct. Is there a trick to this? Is there some sort of tool I need to press the rubber into the channel? This seems like it should be a piece of cake, and I really don't want to try and find a autoglass place for something that seems like it should be so simple. Help! - DB

Reply to
DB