Virtual tour of VW's transparent factory

on-topic?

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

....................I think that the final question & answer at the end of the 'tour' says why most of us are less than impressed with that company

copy & paste:

Q: Who exactly is the target customer? A: Fiercely individual self-made people who aren't label-conscious. They're expected to be aged 50 to 55, 75-percent male, 85-percent married,

75-percent college graduates, with a $300,000 median household income.

.......................I'm in the right age group and maybe I'm only 75% male, you'll have to check with the wife. As for that median income...............I'll keep my $2k bug and continue putting the spare change in my 403B fund.

.............If you're thinking that we're interested in exotic watercooled VW's that cost more than four years tuition at a good university, no it's definitely OT.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:56:08 -0400, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

first off...im 100% male...second, i wonder if the wife would let me be 85% married?...im thinking NO...LOL J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:56:08 -0400, "Tim Rogers" shared the following:

My bad. I didn't read the whole article. Excuuuuuuuse me for trying to contribute. HMPH! :-P

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

...................You should tell LW that he's a 'narrow minded vintage purist' (sound familiar) and that you'd like to find an original WWII jeep so that you can turn it into one of those pink low-riders like that one that I suggested for you. Yeah, that's it...........lol

........................That's a shocker. I thought we had you toilet trained by now.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

You made my day. I showed your post to Molly and she's still laughing.

Reply to
jjs

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:27:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.xxx (jjs) ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL...glad i could help ya John...Hello to Molly... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

"travis" wrote

Nope, no aircooled content there ..... and you know we *always* stay on topic here. ;)

I may be wrong but I don't see how Volkswagen expects to satisfy the target customer. The people in that market segment will expect much better service than the horror stories I've heard about VW stealership service. Of course, I have no first hand experience so I'm just talking out my a$$.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Travis is getting too much moisture condensation in his head. he needs to be hung out to dry soon.... all this watercooled crap from him lately... tsk tsk tsk ;) But as soon as he starts paying for Jeep spares and fixing the damn lump, he will remember the value of aircooled again... hehehehe

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:38:22 GMT, "Scott H" shared the following:

That what that smell is? :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:25:06 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

nah...that was gareth...hehe J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A transparent factory.

Like the customers they will get.

I aint buyin the "Not Lable Conscious" part of their crap................All people buying more than they NEED are buying a lable in one way or another.

Nice assembly plant though.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Hi.Does VW really think enough volks will buy this $75,000 boat to support this "factory"?Now,where's that shark Fonze?

Reply to
Ilambert

VW is producing this vehicle in hopes (hope being keyword) that the fat lazy yuppie American a-holes will buy it. In other parts of the world (Brazil), VW is introducing a new low cost car. The reason for this is that they have lost alot of market share in Brazil and are trying to get it back. Article here.

Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

The company I work for has a German division, I visited there last fall. I asked the car guys over there what they thought about the Phaeton, if it would sell. They told me that there are people who can afford an expensive car, but don't need or want the flashiness of a BMW or Mercedes etc. - they thought VW might have a good chance of selling them. So I guess maybe the car buying culture in Germany is a little different, but for sure it'll never sell here.

Charles Myer

MUADIB® wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

[snip}

I thought the plant was a little creepy...no humans till pix

13-4 near the end.
Reply to
cloud8

....................That thought occured to me as well.

Reply to
Tim Rogers