Volume control screw on carb - does it really do what it says?

I just happened to be looking in my Clymer manual and noticed that on the carb, there's a volume control screw... does this really make it run more quietly? Our 74 has a non stock carb and muffler and the muffler is rather loud... wondering if adjusting this screw on the carb will help that a bit?

Reply to
ismlv

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:50:06 -0400, ismlv , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Errr.... Um.... Is that a really good sense of humor I detect? :-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:15:38 -0400, travis , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Just in case the answer is "no" :

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Reply to
ismlv

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:17:39 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:53:08 -0400, ismlv ran around screaming and yelling:

then please accept my humble appology....i did laugh at you...or with you? or something...LOL Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
The Guy

Reply to
ismlv

Reply to
ismlv

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:15:01 -0400, ismlv , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

*Great* attitude. You'll do just fine out here. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

Awww heck, I guess I am going to have to go Hi Fi then. I only have a single quiet pack. I always seem to be behind the curve on these things. Can I get a multi case player too? I want to load a stocker, 1776, 1.8, 1.9 and a full blown 2.5 liter engines and then depending on my mood I can just select my engine............OK I will stop now. 8~)

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

Reply to
TerryB

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:12:24 -0500, "MN AirHead" ran around screaming and yelling:

well...hmm...there is an ON/OFF switch...but its either on the dash or the steering column...LOL Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani