VW Brasilia questions

Hi everyone,

i already posted yesterday, through google-groups, but i guess the post just never got through, well dunno if anyone remembers me, posted here before, some years ago.. im in sao paulo, brasil right now and a friend of mine has some problemas with his Brasilia...his car seems to have the early engine with the single solex carb

what happened is that something at the throttleplate assemblybroke and now the accelerator pedal just moves some actuator in themiddle of the carb but doesnt move the actual throttle plate anymore,which is held in WOT by a spring,does anyone of you have a technical drawing of this whole acceleratorcable/throttle plate mechanism? i couldnt quite figure it out...so short summary... accelerator cable moves some kinda arm halfway downthe carb, seems to move something inside the carb too, didnt get to seewhat, as it was dark.. this arm probably should somehow be connected tothe other two, which are connected to each other by a little metal rod.somehow all of this looks wrong to me as i am not able to move thethrottle plate from fully closed to fully open just moving this arm inthe middle... so anyone got some drawing or some idea how this lower arm which the accelerator cable is moving should be connected to the top one which moves the throttle plate? i also read that usually late brasilias came with a dual carb setup... would swapping to dual-carb give a noticeable hp gain or is it smarter to freshen up all the ignition components first? i have some other question too, i wanna do a oil change on the engine but on some brazilian pages i read something about not just draining but also cleaning some other thing near the oil pump?!?!? Well, hope you guys can help me out...

byebye

Simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

Hi guys,

well i just found out that whats actually missing is just a spring, and what ive been messing with was the choke, is it okay to leave the choke plate open all the time? could someone explain me what this guy meant by telling me to clean something near the oil pump when doing an oil change?

greets,

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz