VW in woods on NY Thruway

This is for all VW people in the New York,New jersey area. Has anyone ever checked out the abandoned VW in the woods alongside the Southbound lanes of the NY Thruway? The car is between milepost 78.8 and 78.9, just North of New paltz, NY. I have seen the car sitting there for over 20 years and only recently made note of the mile marker. I don't know the year of the Beetle,but it's light blue and faces North-all salvageable parts look lon gone although I have never stopped to look at it closely. Has anyone seen this car or know anything about it? Fred67bug

Reply to
fred67bug

You're right -- I've seen that bug. (I'm in CT and used to be in that area from time to time) My bet is that it needs heater channels and floors :)

Remco

Reply to
Remco

I don't think it's related, but go: