VW Season started today! Woohoo!

Drove my Frannie home from the winter storage today, and I'm ALL SMILES!!!

Finally!

Did some work on the "emergency" engine I slapped together last summer when a head collapsed on this mild street 1600, and after I replaced the

009 with an SVDA (with an adjustable vacuum canister) and welded some more material on the worn accelerator pump actuating rod.. she now runs pretty well. Nothing spectacular, just a 1600single port with a mild-ish street cam. But it gets me from A to B in STYLE :D

The body is showing more tiny rust bubbles under the paint, there's no way around it.. I will have to dig into it and do bodywork all around the car, then paint the whole damn thing. Argh. I hate bodywork.

More good news though: the inspection is valid until September, so my whole summer is SAVED aircooling -wise.

I'm so happy :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I started my Beetle also today for the first time this year, with = cleaned=20 carb and dizzy. Nice, although the proper fweem is still missing...=20 (replaced the peashooters last summer and there just don't seem to work yet ;)

I bet you'll have to do some on Kidd also, when you go to the US. Too bad, you hate it... ;)

Reply to
Olli Lammi

The sacrifices we have to make to keep them happy.... oh well. Someone's gotta do it, might as well be me. ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

OMG! There are SEASONS???? You mean there are people out there who DON'T drive their aircooled VW's through the winter? Where do I sign up for this?

-Eric, who lives in the suprising cold Pacific Northwest of the US, at least we don't use salt. :)

Reply to
ekoman

Plenty of salt and snow and CARELESS drivers out here, I don't want to risk any of it with my aircooleds. Besides, winters are 4x4 time for me.. no 2 wheel drive car can make it up my driveway in the winter, not even with those fancy traction control systems etc... they just won't climb. Partly because I don't plow the road or yard.... LOL and that's because I don't need to... I love my 4 wheel drive cars.. woohoo

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I thought it was wabbit season!

Reply to
KWW

you mean there is a season to drive vw's?... hehe i drive mine year round... : )

but then again we dont get ANY snow here....

dw

Reply to
dragenwagen

Then you need to have your own aircooled powered snow plow. :o)

Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman