vw voltage regulator/generator

Hi folks, I was hoping to get some help from you nice people.I have a voltage problem with my 67 beetle.I have voltage at the generator after unhooking the wires but when I check voltage on the d+ wire as it goes into the voltage regulator i get no reading (voltmeter + to d+ voltmeter - to ground or df)no voltage.From what I have read the generator is putting out normal voltage.I have also tried leaving a groung wire attached to df on the generator while testing and removing it while testing I have also checked continuity of the d+ wire and it is good.So I am stumped any suggestions solutions would be much appericiated. Thanks everyone. Joe

Reply to
joe

Hi folks, I was hoping to get some help from you nice people.I have a voltage problem with my 67 beetle.I have voltage at the generator after unhooking the wires but when I check voltage on the d+ wire as it goes into the voltage regulator i get no reading (voltmeter + to d+ voltmeter - to ground or df)no voltage.From what I have read the generator is putting out normal voltage.I have also tried leaving a groung wire attached to df on the generator while testing and removing it while testing I have also checked continuity of the d+ wire and it is good.So I am stumped any suggestions solutions would be much appericiated. Thanks everyone. Joe

Reply to
joe

Go to my web site and read: "How do I test my generator?"

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim is the guardian angel of ACVW electrics. If he doesn't answer real soon, go to his website. Here:

J Stafford