Wanted source for 73 convertible door lock mechanism

Wanted source for 73 convertible door lock mechanism - mine seems to be on the way out - can only open the door from the outside handle. If worse comes to worse, maybe I can rebuild it. I checked all catalogs that I have - yes, it seems to be a limited year and therefore rare item. Unfortantely

Thanks!!

Matt S.

Reply to
MATT S.

Regardless of which handle you use, there is just one actual lock, so I'd look at the actuating rod and lever inside the door. It's possible that the only problem is that the screws that anchor the lever are loose, so that it no longer has a fulcrum to pull against.

This is likely to be an easy fix, but you'll have to start by carefully removing the vinyl trim panel so you can get a look at the problem.

-

Jim Adney

Thanks Jim,

I have taken the panel off, and given a look, but it is difficult to tell what's what. So I will have to get a closer look, ( remove door handle) or remove mechanism - either way, I am encouraaged to realize you are right, tehre is only one mechanism and it is working. Still, would be good to have a spare.

Matt S.

Reply to
MATT S.

Yes, the latch itself is pretty well hidden, plus it can be hard to get out. How does the lever an pull rod for the inside release look?

-

Jim Adney