warning buzzer

How do I wire a warning buzzer for the headlights, generator light, and oil light using the original buzzer that came with my car (1970 bug)? Will I still have to use diodes?

How does the key in the ignition buzzer work? I've looked at the wiring diagrams but still don't understand how it works. What happens inside the driver-side door switch when you open the door?

Reply to
haught_hazel

Couple of schemes on my web site using a piezo sounder, but the VW buzzer should work too. Yes, diodes.

The key contact provides a ground on the "flat" wire from the switch. That ground passes thru the drivers door contact to the buzzer when the door is open (gray wires). The other side of the buzzer gets power from the fuse.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Does the buzzer have a positive side and negative side or it does not matter which way I connect the wires?

Reply to
haught_hazel

Doesn't matter. It's basically a doorbell (relay) buzzer. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim