Weber 40mm IDF

Hey, guys I think I need some advice. Here's the background: Beck Spyder, 1914cc, 40mm IDF's. Runs strong, HOWEVER, after I shut it down and pull it into the garage I have fuel leakage from both carbs. I cannot isolate it exactly but it accumulates under the "V" in the carbs,,,,,underside of the carb between the accelerator pump and the chock linkage. The only thing I know is that it is not leaking out the choke diaphragms........but it is enough to smell up the garage and worry me.....some even accumulates on the floor beneath the carbs. I have used the carbs for about 2 years, both just started doing this.

PS: I have an electric rotary fuel pump with an internal pressure regulator at 4 pounds. Maybe that is malfunctioning and overpressure the bowls.....

Thoughts anyone......

Thanks in advance, Joe Gliebe

Reply to
<josephgliebe
4 Pounds sounds a bit high..... no more than 3.5 lbs. for webers. Check the float levels and make sure the needle valves seat properly. ......Larry H
Reply to
Mr Peabody