Weber DFEV with stock fuel pump

What can the problems be with using a stock fuel pump with the DFEV. Is there too much pressure? Will that cause the float tabs to bend? When I rebuilt it everything seemed ok. Thought the needle valve may have went bad but it was fine(i didn't know it was solid) but the float was way off by about 100%. Re-adjusted but I'm starting to smell a little gas again when it sits as if it may have bent again?

Also can I buy single jets somewhere...according to redlines proceedure my jet is too lean...I have to turn the idle screw about 3 turns before I can get it to stay running. Thanks

Reply to
Greg

Thanks John thats good to know. I have just seen the jet kits and think it would be a waste of 80 bucks or so for a whole kit for one little jet.

I wish I wrote down the jet sizes but I need to look at her again any way to check the float level.

David, I used a small piece of braided fuel line and slipped over the spade with a dab of hi temp silicone to keep it from slipping....so far so good.

Reply to
Greg