weekend Honda Headache.......some VW content too

I had a good holiday weekend up to the point Sunday night that I decided I would changed the timing belt on my wife's Honda CRV Monday morning. I spent 10 hours doing that choir and replace the water pump while in there. I will "NEVER whine while working on my bug". I have a new found respect for German engineering now. I am glad this will only need to be done every

90k miles.

While not VW related, if you ever want to change the timing belt on a honda, you will need either of the following, a big strong air hammer or a good mechanic!! LOL

I did not get to do anymore to the axle beam over the weekend as we spent Sat and Sun at a Hotel relaxing by the pool, which we had to ourselves. (me, the wife, 3yr old son and 6 year old daughter) all of which with exception of my self learn to swim this summer and they all love it. I have been a fish since age 8 or 9. Tried one of those underwater one use cameras and will let you know how the pics come out. I thought it was neat to be able to take pics under water. Not sure how I can use that with VW's though. Shaggie might be able to use one on his adventures. LOL

Now that I got the Honda required maintenance out of the way I can devote my time to getting the Dub back on the road. Will update my page as I get more stuff done, for the one or two people who are interested. LOL

Reply to
TerryB

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:18:29 GMT, "Tim Rogers" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Ooh. That's a job I'm not looking forward to, but I bought the factory service manual for the car ($70!!!) so I kinda feel like I

*have* to do the job myself now. It's at ~44,000 miles right now. I'm gonna wait for 80,000.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

I REALLY bailed out of having to do it on our Acura Integra GS, I just watched the new owner drive it away tonight (as is no warranty of course!) Lets see, odometer read 183,000 miles and I changed the belt many moons ago a around

80,000, yea it was overdue! Mark Detro Englewood, FL
Reply to
Mark Detro