Weld/metal protection from rust during cold weather?

While merrily derusting and repairing, I need to protect the work on my frame and make sure it doesn't rust again before it is bolted to the body.

A couple of days ago this was not a problem because it was pretty warm: POR15 and RustMedic cures fine when it is warm and makes a nice hard finish.

Today, with the temperature having dropped way below zero, I found out it does not cure quite as well as before.

What do you guys use? I am debating to brush grease over joints when it gets real cold until I can paint it in spring but there must be a less messy way.

Tia. Remco

Reply to
Remco
3M makes a weld thru primer if you are close to a paint supply store.
Reply to
Kafertoys

Great -- thanks, Mario. And does this cure well in cold weather? My garage is unheated.

Remco

Reply to
Remco