Westy Opinions?

I'm gearing up to buy a bus; I guess one VW just isn't enough. Specifically, I have narrowed my sights on the '68-'71 Westies. I am, however, interested in any opinions on the pop-top vs. non-pop-top debate. I'm leaning towards the pop-top, if I have my choice, for the standing headroom. I am not planning on using the cot for sleeping, I've heard it's not much for comfort anyway.

Anyone have an opinion? Is the pop-top and it's added headroom and ventilation worth holding out for, or does a hard-top have any added advantages besides less complexity?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
sped372

we have a third option. it's a fixed fiberglass high top. non-moveable adds about 2 and 1/2 feet to to full length. you can have it for the removal. N.CA near Arcata. as for the yr. '71 is the best. first yr. with front disc brakes and last year with a simpler engine. upright. good luck !

Reply to
A Veteran for Peace