What does "WOG" mean-?

Wizened Old Guy-? Worn Out Guts-? Wiggles On Grade-? Wait Or Go-?

Sorry to be so dense.

Reply to
Bill Walraven

wide open gas?

i know wot is wide open throttle. dunno, where was it used?

trey

Reply to
trey

Not dense; it means lots and lots of things. Most recently, World of Gamers.

If speaking of a person as a WOG, could be an aboriginal Australian or, generically, a dark-skinned (oriental).

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

My Best guess is "Wise old Geezer", as in Bob Hoover or the like

other possibilities: Woman of Gladness Wizard of Gadgets Wuzzles on Glue Wicker on Gauze With OUT George Wishful Old Gentlemen I assume there is some other reference material to help guess, but i found it much more fun to try without all the other stuff to work with.

I am sure it is an ebay thing such as NIB = New In Box WOG = Without Glass

Something like that................hope this helps.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On this newsgroup I would think it refered to the "without guesswork" publication. "Wog," was used as a racist term back in the 1800's, I think, by the Brits, when referring to the local populace.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

I believe the origin of that one was WOGS, as in Workers On Government Service, from the colonial times of the British Empire. Since many of the WOGS in the Empire were darker skinned than the Brits of the time, the term became a somewhat generic epithet for people of color.

Tim

Reply to
The Guy

When crossing the Equator aboard ship, those who have not been initiated over the line are called "WOGS".

Short for Pollywogs.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

sure it wasn't "WAG"?. That's kind of a shop technique.

Reply to
Masqqqqqqq

WOG on a plumbing valve or fitting means water oil or gas,and is usually followed by a pressure rating number 600 (PSI) for example. USA rating.

Freddy

Masqqqqqqq wrote:

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

So yer the one who used the term - Whatsit mean the way YOU used it?

guesswork"

1800's, I
Reply to
Busahaulic

Hahahahaha - "Western Oriental Gentleman", in reference to male humanity from India, Pakistan, etc.

And in case you were also wondering, "WOP" is not specifically an Italian slur, it means "WithOut Papers", in reference to immigrants, usually from countries recently torn by war and strife, who arrive on our doorstep in said condition. I guess that's what the immigration processing officers would write in the "passport details" column, and the acronym stuck.

To clarify another post further, Australian aboriginals are locally known as "BOONGS", because that's the sound they make bouncing off the 'Roo Bar, hahahaha (except Cathy Freeman, who usually cannot be caught from behind).

Reply to
Oldbie

Reply to
Ilambert

Ahhhh.... NOW I see. It seemed to make sense to other people so I re-read looking for that key word which in this case turned out to be "publication!" I've never heard of it, so the term made no sense. I now feel enlightened. WTF kind of publication is it anyway? :o)

- Dave

mentioned in the

message

news:SF6Hb.244806$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att .net...

YOU

wrote

"without

the

populace.

summer)

Reply to
Busahaulic

"Busahaulic" wrote

It was produced by Volkswagen. It's a book of specifications, measurements, tolerances, etc.

Here's a '61 at the Samba:

A '69 here:
A '72:

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

World Of Grief? We're On Grass?

meh.

nikolai

Reply to
nikolai kingsley

WOG - "with other goods"

Common term in the auto/truck parts industry. Tells the picker/shipper this order should be married up with another.

RT

Reply to
Raymond T. Lowe

We call that "piggybacking."