What is the aspect ratio of a 165 R15 tire?

I went to a local Sam=92s Club and asked the tire man if he could get me some 165 R 15 tires for my classic 1973 Beetle. He said he would have to know the =91aspect ratio=92 of the 165 R 15 so he could look it up.

What is the aspect ratio of a 165 R15 tire?

Reply to
Jim347a

It's 165/80R15

(Y)&RunFlat=All&loadRank=2 or use the drop down menu:

Randall

width (165mm) / sidewall height (XXmm) = aspect ratio and written as

165/XXR15

I'm not sure what the stock tire should be. The Bentley manual calls that tire "6.00 x 15 4 PR" in old nomenclature.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

(Y)&RunFlat=All&loadRank=2>

There is no set aspect ratio (also known as profile) for any width tire. That being said, standard tires mostly run in the 75-85 range.

And your tire man is close to worthless, he should simply start with diameter, requested width and then find a suitable/available profile.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

while all tires are technically metric, the 165R15(and sizes such as 155R13, etc) are more commonly known as "metric radials"... the unspecified aspect ratio on those tires is 82. yes, 82

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

The key here is Sam's Club.

Go to the nearest Wal-Mart and see if they will put a tire on your vehicle that is not listed on the door frame sticker. These service people are not authorized by Wal-mart to deviate from that sticker, so the original question would cause a problem at Sam's Club, at least here in Arizona. Bil S in AZ

(Y)&RunFlat=All&loadRank=2>>

Bill S

the sticker is located on the inside of the glovebox door, not on the door frame...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani