What is this intake?

Was going through my recent purchase of gold today and found this. I know it is a dual port intake, but does anyone know anything about it? It's got two hose outlets under the carb mount, and also a square with thread. Is this a one year only item, or a fuel injection only item? What would mount on their, and also where would the hose outlets run to? Thanks.

sofwares

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com kirjoitti:

It's a 1600dp BUS intake manifold.

Hose fittings under the carb, on the left side:

The smaller one is for the air cleaner pre-heat flap control, it connects to the top half of the air cleaner box

The larger is for the brake booster vacuum line.

The square thing right at the flange is something I don't know about, maybe some emissions control thing that was required only in some market areas.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

It looks like the center section of an intake manifold for an automatic stick dual-port Type 1 engine. Maybe the year of 72-74 with ports for an EGR system from the factory. Might be different years for CA cars. I only know of 1 1974 Type 1 here in a Chicago with a working EGR system. RARE to find one working here! ;-)

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Now I definitely know very little about the BUSSES. So you are saying that this is for a 1971 BUS with a brake booster. Geez I did not even know that it had a brake booster. snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com kirjoitti:

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Auto stickshift ('68-71?) also had the large vacuum line for the vaccume operated clutch. The square thing - got me.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I had this on my 71 bay bus.

1600SP