What's a good asking price?

I am selling a 1977 Bus, Type 2 I believe, it doesn't look bad, strong motor and tranny, recently had the smog equipment repaired and has new tags, New carpet on the interior, pop top camper, all doors work, has an A/C pump Although not hooked up. I was just curious what a good asking price is. It was originally from San Diego, I towed it to Northern California where I had repairs done to it to make it smog legal and drivable.

I don't know how to gauge an asking price, maybe someone could help. It Belonged to my mom, who can't really afford to take it back and have it fully restored so she told me to sell it, she thinks I should ask for at least $1,800 since it is now considered a "collectors item."

I thought about just saying $2000 or best offer on the sign.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
IanCT

How bad is the rust on the rockers and dog legs? Is the body straight? A 77 camper is becoming fairly desirable bay window because of the type 4 motor and 6 lug tranny?(think thats right). If the body is fairly straight the paint is decent I figure you could probably ask 3500 maybe more. It's all going to depend on what people will pay. The fact that the car is from California, and it's a 1 owner car sorta adds to the value also. Check out thesamba.com for pricing comparison.

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum