what wheels?

Hey everyone. Ok, so I've been looking for the right wheel to handle some wider tires for a while. Here's the deal so far:

73 standard bug with crappy worn out 165 tires and ugly, dirty rims I want new tires to be, 185/65/15 front 195 or 205/65/15 rear So I know I have to go to a 5.5 inch wide wheel. However, everyone says to stick to standard offset, but I don't know what that is, and it seems the only wheels with standard offset are replacement stock wheels even if they are 5.5 inches wide. I don't want the stock wheels anymore, I like spoked wheels you can see through. (I wanna show off my disc brakes anyway).

So what aftermarket wheels will work that look pretty nice? I've considered the Riviera wheel, Empi 8 spoke, Interceptor, Zoron, Porsche 2 liter replica, etc. (some of these wheels are at blimpVW.com) I LIKE the design of all these wheels very much, but especially the rivieras, and porsche 2 liter replicas. Anybody have experience with these wheels? Anybody have any suggestions for what wheel to pursue? I'm trying to avoid clearance problems, and also trying to avoid a tire sticking outside the fender. I cannot afford wider fenders, so that's not really an option for me. In addition to this mess, people start talking about offset and backspacing, and that the standard changes as the wheel gets wider?! I'm confused! Please help. Thanks~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony