What year is my super beetle?

I have a Super Beetle that I'm not sure what year it is. There is no registration and inside the drivers side door the sticker says: Manufactured by Volkswagenmerk AG 12/73

Would this be a 1973 or 1974 bug?

Reply to
Derek

'74.

Pull the back seat up. Stamped in the center tunnel you will find the VIN. It should be in the format:

134 2XXX XXX

"3" indicates SuperBeetle "4" indicates 1974 model year

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Very cool!

The VIN is: 1342368386

Can you tell me anything more about this beetle?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

"Derek" schreef in bericht news:06LVf.9459$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net...

The doorsticker is correct; dec '73 For further detailed info try this link:

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

If you are really interested in the mechanics of it, buy this manual:

They have other titles on that site too.

You can search eBay also for : VW Manual (or similar)

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim