Whazis?

Herbie on steriods? New Iraq armored personel carrier? Is that a German V-2 rocket in the background? New George Forman Portable Grill? : )

Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, Florida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Another question is "why..?"

Reply to
Remco

It is an art car from the BurningMan festival in Northern Nevada. I think I saw this car in 2003 or 2002.

Reply to
Paul Broadway

Yer RIGHT! Going this year?

Anywho, it's the biggest set of skirts I've ever seen on a Bug.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Of course I am going this year! I will be at 2:00 and "E". My playa name is Sparky. You can find me by looking for a white air cooled Vanagon Westy with the half of the poptop covered in solar panels. Come on by for a gatorade and vodka!

Reply to
Paul Broadway

Bring Bridget! :)

Makes me thirsty.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

I was gonna say that! And I'm in Norway and have never attended the Burning Man Festival!!

Guess I saw some pics which referred to Burning Man.....

J. :o)

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Why does everyone always want me to bring Bridget?

Reply to
Paul Broadway

Reply to
Funkie

Hi all-

I have a new-to-me '79 Westy with 2.0 motor which I've just paid gobs of money on to build a brand-new engine, only to find that the Weber/Holley carb that came with the van when I bought it is a nearly untunable piece of crap.

Luckily, I found someone who was changing out their '79 engine for a diesel was willing to sell me his working EFI system, complete with all harnesses, fuel pump, distributor, etc.

Upon opening the box, and checking the part number of the control box with the list in the Bentley book, I found that I had:

control box #039 906 021 C

Which Bentley lists as being made for Canada and USA (no Cal.) with AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION!

Well, I removed my catlytic convertor, and put headers and a cheap muffler when I had the motor rebuilt, but unfortunately, I have a MANUAL transmission. According to Bentley, the control box I need should be:

part # 039 906 021 B (NOT "C")

Is there that much difference in the way it will power the EFI system? If so, is there anyone out there who would be willing to swap a working "C" model for a working "B" model?

Thanks for any info.

Mike Selvey Nacogdoches, TX

936-552-7439 snipped-for-privacy@cox-internet.com
Reply to
Mike Selvey

Why? Well, we already know you are going to be there, which is a Good Thing, so why not make it better. Of course, if you have a more interesting one to bring, I shall defer to your good judgment!

Reply to
johnboy

Never saw that though..

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

I propose it be called the Sow Bug.

When I was a kid (and later) I used to direct the sun's rays on sow bugs with a magnifying glass until they went POP!

Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

O.K., now you asked for it! Here are the people that I camp with at Burning Man, we are kind of a weird, dysfunctional, and dusty family!

By the way, to make this post on topic, we have several aircooled VW vans. It is the vehicle of choice for Burners, after schoolbuses and RVs.

Reply to
Paul Broadway

Ya all look like a bunch of old reformed bikers, except the dude in the bra - he's probably a Harley dude.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum