Where Is Everybody?

Has this group almost died or is everyone busy with something else?

Reply to
Jim Ed

All of usenet has almost died. But , no theres no much going on here. Id say theres a lot of VW burnout here.

Reply to
DogDiesel

That's what I'd like to know.

Randall

I remember when this group was so busy you had to read it several times a day to keep up with all the simultaneous conversations...

I miss those days, and my friends here.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

It is lonely without bondo boy cluttering up the board. Did he blow his brains out or did somebody do it for him. I did here about a meth lab blowing up but I think that was here in Ohio. Jerry

75 rupp centair -1500 VW POWERED

Jerry - OHIO

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 21:34:08 -0500, Jan Andersson scribbled this interesting note:

I'm still here. Just don't post much these days. It has been a year or so since I contributed.

Still have the green 1959. It still has the original 36hp engine in it. It still gets driven whenever inclination and weather coincide.

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

So, you know where any VWs are sitting around at?? In ohio.

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 21:34:08 -0500, Jan Andersson scribbled this interesting note:

I'm still here. Just don't post much these days. It has been a year or so since I contributed.

Still have the green 1959. It still has the original 36hp engine in it. It still gets driven whenever inclination and weather coincide.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Still here after all the years.

I'm a little pre-occupied with employment issues: specifically, preparing for retirement - which frankly is freaking me out.

Reply to
John J Stafford

don't freak over it....it's the reward for working hard all those years... my dad called me today....told him I was at work, he told me he hates I have to work for a living, I should try retirement like him! I'll get my turn, not as early as he did(he retired at 54), but I look forward to it!

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com...

Reply to
kaferdave

With respect, my reward for paying into Medicare for over fifty-years is to have a heart attack (another yesterday) and my only recourse is a fifty-cent bottle of nitro.

I've written this before, but repeating it is necessary for the sake of the rest.

The USA medical system has been hijacked.

Reply to
John J Stafford

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Remember when we all worked together to create a RAMVA T-Shirt?

Three were made. I cannot remember who got them.

Reply to
John J Stafford

I posted a couple of times when I was fixing up my '73 Super. The main effort was about twelve years ago, with a few projects four or five years ago. Since then, I have been driving it. All the time.

The next big project will be paint and body, although it is now fully functional and not at all ugly. So, that project can wait for a while.

I love RAMVA. As soon as I start working on the Super again, I'll come up with something to post again.

I did put in an EMPI front disc brake conversion a few months ago, but that was really quick and simple. We have very good braking authority, now.

I will always consult the archives for RAMVA on Google. Just about every question has been answered twice over. Maybe that's the problem. Since it is all archived on Google, you don't have so much traffic with people asking the same questions over and over.

Mike. Portland, Oregon. '73 Super.

Reply to
Mike_Rees

Waiting for the spring: Cars are in winter storage and owner in survival

-mode until it begins to be a more than 10C/50F at daytime in spring.

There's an interesting project though, waiting for the spring. I think I announced it some time ago (last summer?) but saying it twice isn't too harmful.

For summer (next and who knows how many) there's the t34, there's a lot to do in it.

So: I bought a VW industrial engine powered aggregate 1957 model, sold the aggregate, but kept the engine.

200 hours in usage counter, practically a NOS engine :) as the aggregate uses only 19hp in constant 1500rpm.

Well kept and regularly serviced as aggregate was owned by Swedish army, they do take care of their stuff.

I also happen to have most of the parts from 1960 Beetle engine, so I can convert the industrial engine into car engine.

I'd think that a almost genuine '57 engine would be worth something, even if tinware and some accessories are from '60 -model: there shouldn't be many noticeable errors in period correctness. Except the colour: engine is army green.

Some pictures:

Winter storage, group picture:
More story for all three:
mostly in Finnish like the main page, translation proceeds again some day.)

Tuomas

Reply to
Tuomas

I have decided to sell all the ACVW stuff. Three cars, and lots of parts. I haven't the energy to work on them, and possibly not the time. Had another heart attack last Friday. Bummer.

The '72 needs some work to get running again - maybe just an ignition circuit fix. The '58 has me stumped. Runs on only two cylinders all of a sudden. The Bradley GTII is backfiring all the time and has since the day I got the engine, but it gets worse and worse all the time. I have $10,000 into that engine. Someone will get a hell of a deal.

I'm also selling some camera equipment. All classic film stuff, for example two consecutively serial numbered Leica M4s, a museum quality Century One 8x10, and sod-forth. Any photo enthusiasts out there?

Happy Winter.

John

Reply to
John J Stafford

I have a RAMVA t-shirt, and I'm pretty sure John Willis ended up with one too.

Hard to believe that was 10 years ago...

Reply to
Taylor

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 20:42:21 -0600, John J Stafford scribbled this interesting note:

One is hanging in my closet. I did the font.

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

You did? Got a picture of it?