Where to find Porsche rods for type 1

Hello RAMVA, I recently noticed that most cranks sold online come with VW or Chevy rod journals, and rods are sold with the same options. I remember that a few years ago it was common to find Porsche rod journals on performance cranks. Why is it getting so difficult to get rods for this journal? Where can I get a set of quality rods for this application? Anyways, what's the difference between VW and Porsche rod journals? This is going into a 2110cc engine, and I'd like to keep the compression ratio close to stock. Here I could find Porsche rods, but shorter than VW rods, and I don't feel comfortable increasing the rod angle.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Karls

Reply to
Karls

I've been researching, and since no one answered my question, I'll just share my findings in case someone else has this issue. Gene Berg has carrillo rods with Porsche journals. There's a lot of lengths available, so any application can be done with those. Since they are gene berg, don't expect the price to be low, also, don't expect the quality to be low. I'll just try to find some cheaper ones, maybe some other day I can build an engine with the Carrillo.