Which car cover to buy?

I want to buy a car cover for my 71 Super Bug, which is the best cover?

Reply to
Gregory Coats

really depends on how much you want to spend and what are you going to use it for (indoor/outdoor). Look for warranty (2, 3, 5 years) and material (water repellent, etc). Both California Car Cover and The Noah sold by The Real Source or excellent although pretty expensive. Those sold by RMM and other supplies that are in the same price range are in the same quality range. It really comes down to do you want to spend $80, $120, or more. If the car is inside, there is no reason to spend for a top dollar cover. -DB

Reply to
DB

Howdy.

We have several... whatever you do don't buy a "water repellant" one.... if they trap water on the outside... they also trap water on the inside.... we trashed a car once by letting the water sit on the body under a "repellant" one... most of the water should fall off a cover... then evaporate.

We buy Monster truck sized car covers ~$40 and tie them on the underside -- have found that the extra length makes them easier to tie-- when they're the right size then they're tougher to gather at the bottom.... If they're inside... pick up some used soft blankets and have them sewn together.

T.

Reply to
MN AirHead

I agree. You don't want water trapped underneath.

I'm going with the "Evolution", the fourth one down on this page:

The price is about right for the "better" rating for both indoor and outdoor.

-Rob

MN AirHead wrote:

Reply to
Rob J