Which rims do I need?

I have a 71 Super Beetle with stock tires R15 `175's. Do I need 4.5" or 5.5"? I know I need 4 lug.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

Stock was 4.5 - the 5.5 would give better handling. The 5.5 were used mostly on the Porsche 914 with 165 tires vice the 155 typically used back then on VWs. Most aftermarket rims are 5.5. A 5.5 is tight (as probably won't fit aired up) as a spare in regular bugs.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I have 165R15 tires on 5.5 Wheels. No problems. They handle great.

Reply to
Jakalope

Which should I get Chrome Stell, Stell or EMPI 8 Spoke? I think the EMPI 8 Spoke would look nice but they are 30 bucks more per wheel.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

I have the EMPI 8 Spoke. I think they look great. Well work the extra

30 bucks. You will have these wheels a long time. If you spend the extra 30 and get your favorite ones, you won't spend next summer wishing you did. Just pick the ones that you like the best on your car and go for it!
Reply to
Jakalope

if you can, go for polished, chrome will eventualy flake off.

Ant> Noice87 wrote:

Reply to
anton