Who has a gas heater in their beetle?

I have a few in storage, and i want to install one, but have no idea how it mounts, vents, etc........My vehicle is a 74 beetle, and anyone that can email some pics would really be appreciated. snipped-for-privacy@msn.com My heat is ok when i am moving along, but when in stop and go city traffic, does not really warm me up. I thought about adding those heater booster kits...but i heard they are really loud. My beetle is loud enough already!

Reply to
Vanagon Man

Identify what heater brand and model it is. I just today added some gas heater links on my new links page.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Why do you need a heater in Charleston SC?

We only have three weeks of winter a year.

Bundle up!

Bobby in Savannah

Reply to
RDavis1957

I have a BN2 in my 74, but like Jim said what type do you have. My BN 2 mounts across the back of the trunk in from of the wiring, just above the gas tank. It take in cabin air from the passengers side of the car and blasts in hot air on the drivers side. The exhaust pipe goes out the drivers side front fender. It is quite quiet only the fan is heard. Keep in mind some heaters are just booster to the stock heater boxes.

Personally if I lived were you do I would not install one. Were I live in NY it has been below freezing forever. Today it was real warm 19 when I got up and 40 at lunch time. We went out with out coats. That is nothing to the weeks of single digits we had.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA

Well, I am in the next few years moving to WV where it does get cold in the winter............and if i ever do my type 4 conversion, i can not worry about heat exchangers..............so I will look tomorrow as to what type they are, and email..

could i get pics from you, Joe if it turns out they are the same?

Reply to
Vanagon Man