Window cranks with offset?

Hello! Just returning from my winter hibernation period away from RAMVA! Can't wait to wake up the bug too!

Anyone know of a source for aftermarket window cranks that have an offset (greater spacing) from the door panel. I use the round hole in the door's sheet metal below the crank to mount a speaker and the crank won't totally clear the speaker grill.

Thanks all!

Reply to
Eric Desrochers

I'd love to get a couple of those too. The door panels in my '74 are somewhat warped and were previously cut. After cleaning them up and recovering them last year I have a similar issue where the crank scapes the door panel at various points of it's arc. Never seen any though.

Reply to
Canuck V'dubber

Hey, I just checked out your resto at

's great to see others in Canada restoring these carsGreat little slideshow / soundtrack too.You've given me incentive to document my own restoration (one day)Thansk,

Reply to
Canuck V'dubber

Thanks for the comments! The hardest part was not forgeting to take pictures! When you are in the middle of doing something and are really into it, just stopping, washing your hand and taking a digital picture is a challenge!

I have to update my web page, a lot of things have changed since. I installed HD front sway bar, rear sway bar, alternator kit, Optima Yellow Top battery, new Alpine head-unit, I finished the front trunk interior, installed a VHF ham transceiver and antenna...

This spring I'll change my front door speakers (hence the group query) and later I'll work on a new side-project, namely a teardrop camper trailer to go along my ride!

Cheers!

Reply to
Eric Desrochers

PS : the car is a 1972 SuperBeetle

Thanks!

Reply to
Eric Desrochers

Nice website Eric..........Eric USA 62 Ghia 68 Bug both TOPLESS

Reply to
Stutzsr