Window removed successfully.

I've started refurbishing the doors on my bug. Passenger side first. Today I pulled the running board (broke one of the small bolts doing that) and just finished removing the window and the scrapers and trim. Interesting way they jammed it all in there. I hope I can do it in reverse with the new parts.

Tomorrow I will strip the paint. I have two kinds of stripper - that awful but effective methylene chloride stuff and some kind of eco-friendly stuff that changes color as it works.

At least the weather is nice. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do this before it started getting too cold or wet.

I did end up ordering new door panels. The old ones were just too messed up after all this time. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil