Window Sash

Hello all,

Just a quick question for you knowledgable folk. I ordered new window seals for my 1974 Beetle. I did one door and everything went fine, except I must not have put the window back glass into the sash (I believe that is the word for the metal channel that holds it) correctly because the glass has come loose from it. The car has one piece windows and the regulator with two tracks. When I took it apart the glass seemed to just be crimped to the sash with a piece of rubber sheeting between the glass & metal. What's the trick for getting it to stay together?

Thanks, Harry

Reply to
"Harry Smith"

=A0What's the trick for getting it

This link might help:

Jim Ed

Thanks for the reply. That page doesn't seem to address my problem though. The glass has come loose from the metal channel that mounts it to the regulator. I suppose I can just use a healthy dose of glue on it, but I was hoping someone would have a recommendation as to what kind, etc.

Thanks, Harry

Reply to
"Harry Smith"

Use black glass glue of the type they use for front windshields on modern cars. Has the same consistency as silicone.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg