Windscreen rubber trim

Going to replace the windcreen rubber on the squareback. Don,t have any problems with the process having done quite a few other windows before. Except, for the soft aluminium trim. Anyone know whether I should fit the trim last, after window has been refitted or fit rubber to window,then the trim, and then install window,rubber and trim together?. So darn soft I dont wont to end up with dents all over it. All hints appreciated. Cheers John

Reply to
John

I haven't done it, but I understand the trim must be in the rubber before fitting - it won't fit afterwards.

Good luck!

Reply to
AllanW

Correct. Rubber around glass first, then trim in the groove in the rubber, then the whole deal in the car. Use soapy water for lubrication.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I've heard silicon oil degrades the rubber. Like Rain-X any input?

Reply to
Shoe-Chucker 2