Worlds worst speed trap town shut down

I saw an article in the local paper about a new law in Ohio. The governor recently signed a law outlawing Mayors courts from villages under 100 people. New Rome Ohio has around 60 residents, yet they were pocketing $400,000 per year from unsuspecting motorists. The famous traffic light has been removed, as there was acutally not enough traffic volume to justify it. It was so bad, that a comprehensive website was set up to document it. Here is the link if interested.

Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

I don't need the web site. I live right next to it. :-] It's been shut down since I came back from vacation. The village chief quit. The mayor refused to hire another one. Then locked up the trailer which was their headquarters and let all of the other officers go. Since then the state has removed the traffic light and has been talking about removing the lowered speed limit signs. New Rome is about 4 or 5 blocks long on a 4 lane street. 1/2 block north of that street and a block south of that street.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
that a comprehensive website was set up to document it. Here is the linkif
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Reply to
alan.f
133,333,333 dollars, per person seems a bit steep to me,................You do the math fellas........................I'm not buying that number at all...................even by passers through that'd be some hefty fines each time.

I can see all the folks in Victoria are Billionaires if that's the kinda money generated by any one thing .

Geez...........................I hope they have some other source of income.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

You forgot the point...

133.33333333333 dollars per person [not per driver].

Now if only I could use your math on my paycheck :-) Instead it seems like my bills are using it :-(

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
> I can see all the folks in Victoria are Billionaires if that's the> kinda money generated by any one thing .>
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

LOLOLOOLOL........................I did !

I knew What I was looking at, too..............It's still an annual amount that equals a bunch of money per resident,...................And I understood not drivers, but residents.............................

My bad on the calculations...................LOL

Damn Sometimes ya just do stupid stuff huh?

( Ok,.......I do stupid stuff)..........

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Norm is one of the greatest comedian ever.

He also might say "Note to self: Organize a 5mph protest drive around Steve Bracks home."

Reply to
Jerome Morrow

I had a feeling someone would do that. LOL.

I really dunno. The Labor governments here really SUCK ass in economic management. I used to be a labor man but when I saw how bloody horrid they are in economic management - I gotta vote for the other people. Whenever any of the labor jokers get into power - they seem deliberately intent on making everyone broke.

The Labor government under Steve Bracks inherited a great budget surplus - then they pissed it away faster than a petrol tank on fire. So they increase speeding fines and speeding cameras in speed trap zones - not black spot accident areas - to boost their coffers.

And no, the money collected does not go into road building or repair.

Reply to
Jerome Morrow