Wow! I have not been here for a while (years) and some guys are still here!!!

It is interesting, this was the first VW NG I was on and actually I would the first on the subject of aircooled VW's.. It is nice to see it is still going strong!!!!

My computer at that time was a 10mhz, ha.

Yep, I am the guy that wrote the Type IV Upright Conversion Manual.

I think I will stick around for a while this time.

Joe

Reply to
NEXTGENUSA

Mr. Locicero right?

I have seen you over att the Typefourforums a few times, I am not there on a regular basis any more, a couple of times a year..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Hi Sure I remember you!! Expecting to hear from Jan shortly, ha. Well a bit of sad news. Joe Locicero, Joe passed away a few years ago. We called ourselfs Joe of the West which was Joe Locicero and I was Joe of the East. Joe of the West was the guy that owed Oregon Performance and invented the DTM Fan Shroud Kit. I am the Guy the wrote the Manual on how to convert the T-4 to fit in T-1 cars by doing it yourself. Actually it is called The Cali-Style Conversion. Jake Raby bought the rights and equiptment to produce the DTM and has advanced it greatly. This is my site

This was the first NG were Joe and brought the conversion. It started some debates but that has subsided since there are so many T-4 conversions on the road. The debates are over.

Reply to
NEXTGENUSA

Ah, yes I know which one of you is/was what, I got the Sirnames mixed up, sorry about that. And yes, I have a copy of your manual also, purchased from you years ago.

J.

Ps. Jan will chime inn at some stage, he is in Florida now,doing his best to populate the state on his own.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Well HELLO Joe !!

I still have my autographed Type 4 Conversion Manual, and remember distinctly the pleasure of meeting you at Litchfield.... If you ever want to get a hold of me, even though RAMVA says my e-mail is snipped-for-privacy@aol.com, that hasn't been valid for over 4 years.... same ol' kaferdave, but substitute charter.net instead of AOHell.com, and there you have it. I still have a few VWs, and visit RAMVA from time to time, but I am enjoying my semi-retirement in a brand new (well, 4 years old now) paid off, 538 feet from the Pacific Ocean, home in the redwoods of NorCal. I spend some time fishing (1/2 the United States' take of Dungeness Crab, comes from my little town, so you know I eat a lot of fresh, caught by me, Dungeness Crab) Salmon, Albacore (great with some Italian Salad dressing as a marinade, then onto the barbecue) and Ling Cod (yes, I know it's green when you catch it, but cook it up, and it turns snow white, and is some of the best fish you'll ever eat, trust me) and Ocean Perch... we have Trout and Steelhead here, too, but I've been too busy getting all the other fish, to give them a try... I met a guy here in town that has a half-dozen Type 4 motors, that is one of the uneducated ones that thinks they are nothing but boat anchors.... I'm workin' on it 8=)

Good hearing from you !!1

Dave Cormack

Reply to
kaferdave

Wow Dave, you helped me alot in the beginning of T-4 mission and did a nice review of my manual. Good to hear you are enjoying you life. I am doing well, still doing engineering for the elevator industry and seeing the company moved out of Manhattan my trip to work is a breeze. Life is good. I feel my mission is accomplishted, T-4 may not be everyones cup of tea but for sure it has been accepted as the most reliable source of power for an air cooled engine. Hey I was on the Speed Channel Radio show with Jake Raby discussing how I was the one that put the T-4 info on paper for the regular guy to understand and do cheaply. So it has come that far. Before the internet, I copied all the club listings from HVW and VW Trends mags. There were hundreds. THen sent out flyers to all the clubs worldwide. That cost me a lot for postage. Also was putting ads in the mags. That was like $250 per month. Now with the internet. It just grows by itself.. I even take paypay, ha. A trip to the post office PO box, get a check, mail out a manual. I love the fact it is worldwide. Alot of guys into T-4 in Europe, Africa and Australia. Thanks Dave, if it was not for you I am sure I would not have gone this far.

Reply to
NEXTGENUSA

I was happy to do it, sir. It was well-written, concise, and if someone was considering Type 4 power in their Type 1 (or Type 2 or 3, for that matter), the book explained what neded to be done, and how to do it. Congrats on the appearance on the Speed Channel, as well, glad you were able to get some publicity.

Reply to
kaferdave