WTB - 73-75 body

All, Looking for a tub from a 73-75 in good shape. Any leads greatly appreciated. H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

1) Have a 1974, in excellent condition. I would probably say "no rust", or a couple stone chips. Probably because it was originally from Texax. 2) Are you anywhere near Toronto, Canada.

Ross Virgin (don't use my gmail address listed here because for an unknown reason I cannot read the mail in the Inbox) .. ..

Reply to
rvirgin22

Why not a 72? It was the best late model German body.

Reply to
John Stafford

Unfortunatly, I'm not close to Toronto, thanks though Ross. This may show my lack of a full understanding of the changes to the VW and the years they took place; but aren't the 71 and 72 bodies different from all others?

H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

if you are refering to the 73-75 superbeetle(1303), then yes, the

71-72(1302) body is different.
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

That's what I thought. I failed to mention that I was looking for a Super, sorry. H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

Me too. I don't know why anyone would want a Super. The front-end parts are five times more expensive than the Standard Beetle. Maybe even more.

And I never liked the idea of using fenders that rust as part of the suspension.

The Super ain't super. Same engine. Just more trouble up front.

Reply to
John Stafford

I loved my 71 Super. The ride was better better than the regular bugs I drove (62 and 68). Took a while to sort out the shimmy but it was great after that. Mine had 170,000 niles on it and not a lick of rust. Original Clementine Orange paint and engine that had a top end rebuild at 100k. Oklahoma was a great place to own VWs! Andy

Reply to
The Busman

That's the color of the 73 I have, but the body is pretty bad. I was hoping to find a total replacement and use the chasis I have, it's fine. To answer John, I've got enough parts to completely outfit two and a half Supers, so I'm sticking with that. At least that's the plan if I can find a body. H-S-F

Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin