WTF? Side Marker Lights Hole Pattern on 71 Bus

Just received some replacement lamp holders for the rear side marker lamps on the Wonderbus. However they don't appear to fit the holes in the body. In fact, the right and left side marker lamp holes are not even the same on this beauty.

Before I contact the folks that sold me the lampholders I'll want to show them what the parts I really need should fit. Bentley does not have an illustration of what hole pattern I should expect to find when I pull the lenses/lampholders -- can someone point me to a picture?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

side marker

the holes in

holes are not

I'll want to

does not have

find when I pull

picture?

Reply to
Busahaulic

Thanks, Busahaulic.

What BH sent me was a picture from Busboys that showed the hole pattern found on the side of the bus where the rear marker lamps mount. There are three holes: a big one which permits access to the rear of the lampholder for connection of wires, etc., and two small one for mounting the lampholder assembly to the outside of the vehicle.

What is weird is that on my bus, on the driver side, one of the small holes is missing. Not there. Never was. Extra holes I can expect (in fact the PO drilled a few extra for unknown purposes) but of the original holes, one of the mounting holes is in fact missing. I've looked everywhere, even in the sock drawer.